"I am the LORD, the God of all mankind; is anything too hard for me?" Jeremiah 32:27
Happy Saturday, all! It's a gorgeous day here today! I enjoyed my time on the porch nestled in the Word of God this morning. It was crisp, but taking in the beautiful sunshine, breeze, and chirping birds was like watching and hearing nature singing its praises to the Almighty. No TV, no computer, just pure, uninterrupted time in His presence. What an honor it is to meet with the Highest of Royalty. I can only approach his throne in complete humility as He looks me full in the face and welcomes me. Beautiful day indeed!
Well, I'm glad I got that time outside today, and I'm sure I'll be back out soon, but there's work to do around here. Yeah, I know. Yuck, right? It's not too bad. I have some painting to do, which is an outdoor project. I also have to help my son finish a school project. He's been working on a replica of the solar system. The teacher's instructions said it could be made from anything he chooses, must be correct sizes by comparison, and painted according to the details of each planet. It's actually a pretty fun project. We only have the painting part left to finish.
We pulled my son's science book out and retrieved some information on internet to help figure out the formation of each planet. It's been years since I'd studied any of that so I was amazed as I read the details of the individual planets. As I read, I was so intrigued by Jupiter. Okay, can't stand it, let me share a few facts:
Jupiter is so large, all the other planets could fit inside it.
The red spot on Jupiter is the size of two earths.
The red spot is a storm like a hurricane which has been raging for over 300 years.
It is believed the storm devours others storms to keep the raging winds in motion.
Since Jupiter is so large, it's dominant in the night sky. Most scientists consider it to be a failed star.
Okay, sorry. Enough facts, I know. However, I found myself mesmerized. Just the spot on Jupiter is twice the size of us! I look outside my window and it seems like it's such a big world out there. Then I read about Jupiter and realize how minuscule we are in comparison. And that's just the intricacy of ONE of the planets! Astounding!
Amazing how I can approach the throne of God with a lack of faith at times. I can pray about something and not let it go in my mind as though I haven't handed it over. How easy it is to forget that the God I'm praying to is the God who created the redwood trees, the Grand Canyon, the earth, Jupiter, the stars, the galaxies, the heavens..... I'm praying to the same God who presented Himself in a burning bush not consumed, the same God who parted the Red Sea, the same God who sustained Jonah in the dark, foul belly of a fish, the same God who loved me and my little prayers enough to sacrifice His Beloved on a cross. Who am I to think for a minute He isn't faithful and just to hear my prayers and cleanse me from all unrighteousness.
Lord, please give me a faith bigger than Jupiter for I know you're so much bigger, so much mightier. You hear our prayers and we stand amazed at your omnipotence. Thank you, Father. As Easter approaches, we long to express our love to You for what You did for us. Please increase our faith. Help us to come to you with the assurance of knowing You hear our prayers and answer them according to Your will. Help us to release our requests after we place them at your feet. May peace like a river flow over us. We will rest in the assurance that You are the Solid Rock, unmoving and unchanging. We love You so much Father! Praise be to Your Holy Name! Amen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment