Thursday, January 14, 2010

My New Blog

Hello to all my new readers! This is my first blog ever! I don't really know what I'm doing, but I'm excited to be here. :)

I began my morning in prayer. As I opened my Kay Arthur study, I was directed 2 Corinthians chapters four and five. As I read and meditated on them, I realized a real purpose in my existence here. I came to a real understanding of what being an ambassador for Christ really means. Having recognized I'm a sinner in my own unrighteousness, my Holy Father loved me enough to allow His only son to be murdered, crucified on a cross, for all of us! His son, who had been united with Him in the beginning would see for the first time what separation from His Father felt like. How excruciating that must have been-- even beyond the physical pain. He went through all that for someone like me? I feel so unworthy. Yet, by surrendering my life to Him, believing these truths, and following Him, He makes me worthy. There's so much purpose in that belief. I was put on this earth to bring glory and honor to my Creator. Not only that, because Jesus rejoined His father in heaven after the crucifixion, guess who was left behind to carry the torch? ME and all who know Him as Savior!

I have to chuckle sometimes at the loaded thoughts he lays on my heart at 5:30 in the morning. I haven't even had enough coffee to feel completely conscious yet! Yet, I know each morning, He's waiting to meet with me. He gives me the strength and courage I need to make it through each day. I know that whatever comes my way, He's there to guide me. How exciting that is!

For now, I hope you all have a blessed day!

Verse for the day:

This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:34

No comments: