"For where two or three come together in my name there I am with them" Matthew 18:20
Life. It sure is unpredictable. We don't know what each minute holds. We make our plans and go about our days not knowing what's in store from one minute to the next. I'm so glad to know my Savior goes before me directing my paths. My Lord knows all and promises to work all things for the good of those who love him and are called according to his purpose. I love that promise! It doesn't promise that all things will always be good, but that He'll work it out for good and for His glory.
I got up this morning with a big smile on my face. Thins have been good lately and I praise God for the blessings. Within a few hours I received one bad news event after another. So many people are in need of prayer right now. Prayers for job loss, serious injuries, sickness without explanation, and some unspoken requests as well. All requests were lifted up in prayer and my heart went out to each and every one. I felt God's peace wash over me as I know He hears all petitions lifted in reverence and faithfulness in his Name. Beyond the peace, something else really touched me. I thought about how I'd shared some requests with people who didn't know the people for whom I was praying and yet they prayed anyway. What a sweet picture of Christlike love among brothers and sisters. How marvelous it is to know that people in different parts of the country and world are praying for people they've never met. Yet they pray for them as they would a family member. We who are in Christ are family.
We see bad things on the news or hear of a need and we pray. It doesn't matter if we know the people or not. We just pray. There are people on my prayer list from east coast to west coast, from France to Ecuador. Some of these folks I don't even know. But God knows them and He loves each one. Pretty neat to say I have family all over the world!
A few weeks ago, a sweet sister in Christ at my church hugged me and told me she was praying for me. That's the greatest thing anyone could ever share with me. I never feel more loved by others than when I know they've taken the time to lift me up in prayer.
Let us pray for one another!
Heavenly Father, thank you so much for my family in Christ. Thank you for the bond we share. Thank you for giving us the freedom to communicate with you through the power of the Holy Spirit. Lord, you know my burdens and fears. You have the power to heal. You alone know each individual on my prayer list. And you alone care for them beyond human capability. Thank you for hearing our prayers. We trust you with them and know that you'll work things our for our benefit-- whether good or bad in our own eyes. We don't always understand, but we trust you. You see things we don't. We love you, Father. In the Savior's name, Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment