"Therefore, I urge you brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--- this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--- His good, pleasing, and perfect will." Romans 12:1-2
I'm going to make a point from the beginning of this post like a racehorse charging out of the gate. If you've never surrendered your life to Christ, skip this one. Refer back to the third blog in January. Otherwise, the following could seem a little confusing. This post is strictly for the admonishment of Christians as placed on my heart over and over by the Holy Spirit.
Though it pains me to come in somber spirit, I've had a heavy heart. It may have a lot to do with a bible study I'm taking or just a bird's eye view of satanic attacks on Christians everywhere. Unfortunately, too many knees are buckling under the pressure. We're not prepared. We've neglected to put on the full armor of God as protection for the schemes of the evil one. When we're not prepared through the Word and prayer, we're vulnerable. The unfortunate thing is we've become lazy. We enjoy being entertained. If our preacher doesn't tell enough jokes, or he gets too "heavy" in the message, we tune it out. We are becoming a body of hearers, who become like a foundation of sand on which a home can be built. We're lacking in substance. If our hearts aren't truly focused and in tune with the Word of God, we won't be prepared when the evil one strikes.
Did you realize that Ezekiel 28:17 tells us that Satan was physically beautiful? He was cast out on account of his pride? We also know that John 8:44 calls him the "father of lies." When you mix the two, you have a toxin. Think about it: Why is sin so appealing? Based on the two facts we just discussed, we know that 1) Satan knows how to be appealing. He knows how to make the vilest of things appear attractive to us and 2) he knows how to deceive us as a complete counterfeit to all that is true and pure. That is, IF we make ourselves vulnerable to that. He knows to attack our thinking in ways that we can rationalize and justify. And unfortunately, the church is a target. He wants us to conform to the ways of the world. He wants us to fill our minds with that which is evil. It may be through music, television, movies, or internet. What we have to do is strengthen our relationship with God so that we can have the discernment to clearly see that which is evil in disguise. We must not be afraid to take a stand against that which is not of God. We can obtain discernment through the following: 1) scripture 2)prayer and asking God for wisdom with a pure heart, and finally 3) guarding our hearts and minds from that which is unholy. I may step on some toes when I say that we cannot take in movies and shows which blaspheme the name of God and think they'll have no impact. Why should we even be okay with that in the first place? It should break our hearts. It should sicken us. We're often quicker to take up for our child in a bully situation than we are to take up for our Lord!
So friends, please don't take offense to my words. I say these things out of love. I'm seeing too many divorces, sexual perversion, slander, abuse situations lately. As brothers and sisters in Christ, we must confront one another on such issues. We must take a proactive stance to protect ourselves as vessels of the Father. We must not be conformed but transformed by the Word.
If you know you are under attack at the moment, don't fear that it's too late or there's no way out of your circumstance. Pray to God in fervent prayer over your situation. Get in the word. Find a godly friend with whom you can share accountability-- this needs to be someone who is very strong in the faith. You need someone who will hold you accountable for your thoughts and actions. Lastly, don't underestimate the power of meeting together regularly with the body of Christ. We're commanded to do that.
A wonderful verse that I quote in times of temptation and trial is James 4:7 "Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." I love that one because it tells me that when I submit myself to the will of God that the devil won't just go away, he'll flee! We who are in Christ have power over him. We aren't powerless and don't have to fear defeat or remain in the throes of sin.
Heavenly Father, I do come with a heavy heart today. I find it exceedingly difficult to hear of various trials that my brothers and sisters are currently enduring. Yet Lord, I know you have everything in your control. You are the omnipotent Lord of all creation. Father, I pray that anyone dealing with pride, bitterness, depression, abuse, lust, malice, addictions, or even those just beginning to be led astray would listen to your call now. Lord, may no one ignore that conviction to come to you for healing or repentance. I pray that they would know that there is an escape from sin. There is a way out. And Lord, if there is complacency in the heart of anyone reading this, help them to understand how that pains you and is not within your will. I pray for a healthy body of believers Lord. I pray that the lost will be able to clearly distinguish between God's children and the lost world. Hear my prayers, Lord, and intercede on their behalf. Thank you, Father for loving us through it all. Thank you for hearing my prayers. Father, I long to die to the selfish desires of my flesh that I may be molded in your likeness. In Jesus' name, Amen.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment